Root Down to Rise Up: An Exploration of Yoga and Compassionate Communication
Mondays, January 25th - February 29th, 2016
As I go through my own journey of self-connection, navigate the ever-changing path of interpersonal relationships, and find my footing on the way to realizing my purpose, I'm continually drawn to two philosophies - yoga and Compassionate Communication (aka Nonviolent Communication or NVC). My life has been shaped by the inquiry and curiosity that both inspire, and while it's certainly a never ending ride, I feel super excited to offer a space for all of us to dive into this process of discovery.
During this 6-week course, we'll be exploring the connection between our inner and outer worlds; between the relationships we have to our bodies and minds and the relationships we have to each other and the world around us. With the principles of both yoga and Compassionate Communication as our guides, we'll discover new ways to show up as our whole selves and to be fully present to other.
This class will include gentle movement exercises, journaling and introspection, and experiential activities.
My intention is to give you the the tools and skills to:
- connect authentically with your mind and body in any circumstance
- offer compassionate understanding to others and know when and how to ask for it yourself
- speak your truth in a way that is far more likely to create harmony than conflict
- listen for the deeper meaning in the messages coming from your body, mind, and other individuals
- connect your values with your words and action
Cost ~ $155/person
Sliding fee scale is available. For more information, call (406) 721-0033
Offering 12 Continuing Education Units
to LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, LAC, & OPI