- Do you find yourself in heartache and despair when you look out at the state of the world?
- Do you find it painful or exhausting to turn on the news?
- Are you longing to stay connected to hope and a sense of possibility for a new way forward?
- Are you wanting companionship with others who are ready to do the work to create the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible?
Join us for this two-day workshop as we explore what's at the heart of our differences - whether we're looking at political, social, professional, or interpersonal contexts - and discover the pathways to move from chaos to connection. Through practical exercises, movement, and introspection we’ll be exploring ways to listen deeply, speak our truth, and be a catalyst for change in our worlds. Come alone or bring a friend, partner, colleague, or fellow change agent.
Day 1 - Introduction to Nonviolent Communication - Oct 14th (10:00am - 5:00pm)
• Connecting to Self - Developing practical skills and tools
• Cultivating empathy - Discovering what moves & inspires us
• Practicing self-expression - Sharing honestly and vulnerably
• Listening Deeply - Finding the deeper truth in another's words
Day 2 - Bridging the Divide - Oct 15th (10:00am - 5:00pm)
• Exploring issues facing our local, national, & global community
• Hands-on practice having challenging conversations
• Connecting to another’s humanity, regardless of their viewpoint
The workshop will be held in a 30’ Yurt in Potomac, approx. 40 minutes from Missoula. Directions will be provided for registrants.
Snacks provided ~ bring your own lunch.
This workshop offers 12 continuing education credits for OPI
Cost: $100/person* ~ Saturday Only: $65*
*We are committed to making this work available to all those who want it. The costs above are what would help make this offering sustainable for us, however we don't want it to be prohibitive to anyone. If you'd like to attend, but find the cost an obstacle, please reach out so we can find something that works for all.
~ Click here to download the full flyer ~
Meet the trainers
Patrick Marsolek is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, author and facilitator. He works with businesses, individuals and families on how to communicate effectively and compassionately.
Aimee Ryan is a Certified NVC Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication, a Certified Mediator, and an experienced facilitator. She works with individuals, groups, and organizations to bring conflict transformation, compassionate communication and collaborative practices into their systems and daily lives.